Saturday 26 June 2010

There's Sense in them there Hills

Last Sunday, our Scottish summer hit the highlights and I got fried – I was sitting in the woods for God’s sake! There I was, relaxing on picnic benches in dappled shade, with flashes of direct sunshine on my arms and face. Oh I was hot stuff all right; hot for three days, with a crispy nose and forehead. My arms were so swollen that the blood supply to m hands was restricted. I thought I was dying and almost took the day off work on Monday. What a daft old bat…and after me writing that scathing poem about Glaswegians diving into sunburn whenever the sun pokes its head at us.

Look how sensible Tilly was:



This is her showing off my dream house, that wonderful arched doorway in a tree trunk!


And here we have Picnic-Mama with everything you could possibly want on a low carb, vegetatian diet! F.A.B.


Picnics in woods by a loch, where big white carbs are banned, so that meant no wine too - Ooh, the ring of bright water surrounded us with health and sensibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment