Friday 1 January 2010

PORTENT

Oh my God. I’ve just begun the first day of the new decade with an iron in my hand! I haven’t touched an iron in years. What does this mean?

Well, it started because I made myself a new bag, that had to be pressed flat, so while I was doing that I thought I’d iron a shirt that I can’t wear because I won’t (normally) iron. One little detail and my life has slipped down some kind of housewifey tangent; I’ll have to do something more normal to reset the balance. I had a Scotch egg for breakfast – could that be considered too straight because of the ingredients? And now I’m on to the ginger beer.

In two hours I will be sipping sherry, preparing to scoff an enormous meal at my friend’s enormous dinner table in her enormous dining room, then on to wine which inevitably leads to a change of rooms and the whisky – Ooh the whisky. So I’d better go find something suitable to wear for this gathering and dig out an entertaining poem to read.

 

2 comments:

  1. . . . I think you've got a nice ironed shirt to wear ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I might become a little better arranged this year Bettejo :-)

    ReplyDelete