Friday 1 January 2010

STAR STRING

There was something strange in the sky tonight. A little while ago I went into the kitchen to see if I could see the Blue moon and instead noticed a star really sparkling. The longer I looked at it the longer it became, until it resembled a string of stars, like maybe three or five, going down in a line. Very weird. I opened the window to see properly in case it was the double glazing affecting my eyesight but it was really real. Actually, I’ll just go and see if it’s still there – hang on…No, the sky is swamped in a great stretch of grey cloud, but I’ll have another look before I settle down and try to sleep, again.

So I begin the new decade sleepless; maybe this is part of my old age, that I’ll only ever need a few hours of sleep a couple of times a night – all the more time to write!

3 comments:

  1. Irene, Happy New Writing Year and thanks for the image of you looking at the stars. What a great way to start the new decade.

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same to you Sheila. I wish I had tried to take a picture of it but I just assumed that it wouldn't show up at that distance. I'll be looking again tonight :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blue moon was beautiful tho, did you see it?

    ReplyDelete