Sunday 10 May 2009

OFF MY SOFA


This was the walk up the old military road into the hills above Helensburgh. Number-one-son wanted to show me a tiny loch but there wasn't time to go that far - not sure I'm fit to go that far!

All the way along the path this burn wore its way through the rocks, destoying the path here.

It was a day of tremendous showers; driving up, the hills were blanketed with clouds of rain, and then we were in it and it was like nothing you've ever seen - the power of those rain pellets was astounding...and then we were out of it, in a flash.


The skies were brilliant for camera-work but I only had my phone - it did pretty well I think.


According to TocToc, we were approaching a dam; he suddenly caught sight of a bright green patch in the landscape ahead of us (not so obvious here) and shouted, 'A dam, it's a dam!'


Look at all this walking I did!


I turned to see where I'd come from - I walked all the way up this path; you can't even see the car, sitting at the gate!

1 comment:

  1. Not sure I would have made it so far on foot. Good for you! Beautiful countryside too!

    ReplyDelete