Sunday 3 May 2009

NOTIONS

What is this urge that’s taunting me to get dressed and visit the local shop for goodies, for stuff that isn’t food? I’m not hungry; I’ve eaten real food today – not traditionally with two veg or anything, but not covered in chocolate or candy either! And now I’m being attacked from the inside; there’s an army of suggestions insinuating themselves deep in my mind alongside a tricky little prompt: you can pick up some bargains for the week ahead and save money. How wily is that?


I drove to the east coast yesterday. Burnisland and Kinghorn have fabulous beaches; Tilly, Biz and I ploughed through sand, staggered over rocks and around the headland. It was an amazing trip. We stopped in Aberdour to visit The Green Witch’s little shop, where I bought yet another pack of tarot cards – they are so gorgeous, very arty: The Haindl Deck. A busy little day was had; coming out of my hermit existence is exciting but knackering. The wind blew my sensibilities inside out – exhilarating stuff indeed.


The idea of going for a walk flitted through my mind several times today but I was able to curb it with a chicken and mushroom pie! I know that to some people this sounds bad but oooh that creamy sauce and light pastry with a lovely soggy layer just underneath makes up for any hardship at missing a brisk walk.


There’s a huge floret of broccoli in the fridge but it’s not grabbing my attention; I’m thinking giant chocolate buttons! Imagine how quick I could get clothes on my back and out of here…should I do it? Will I beat the notion?

1 comment:

  1. I know all about those notions. Nothing will get me showered and out of the house faster than that little craving voice in my head. Yours IS much craftier than mine - disguising sweets as bargains! Lol! Good luck!
    (but you can't always deprive yourself either!)

    ReplyDelete