Saturday 9 May 2009

WHAT TO WRITE

Oh what fun it is prowling the corners of my imagination; the new book will be called DELILAH. I've had a great time building this plan and look forward to writing it in November; I wonder if I'll be able to write right through to the end - something I haven't done with any book yet but they were never planned to this degree. Maybe I should return to the others, waiting in the wings, and give them this treatment so that when I continue them they'll fly right off to the end.

I am awash with ideas, always, and have to keep myself from going off at tangents; all the books lying behind me are not blocked or stuck: they're only paused - there's nothing wrong with them, except me! I read a blogpost that was posted in one of my witers' forums; this man is taking his novel ideas and selling them, fully planned, themed and shaped. I think this is a fantastic idea but wonder how many writers will go for it - how will they feel about not having the original idea and doing the early work on the creation? But it all looks so wonderful on his blog, here.

Digging up the ideas and flying with them is just mind-blowing. I look at my behaviour as stocking up for the future - I doubt if I'll ever be at a loss on the subject of what to write.

3 comments:

  1. That's a wondrous world you live in!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took a quick look at the link you provided for the man and his story ideas. The whole blog site seems to have gone! Do you think maybe he sold that too?!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that's a shame erin. i've checked and sent him an email to ask what's happened. his covers and titles were so beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete