Wednesday 8 April 2009

BAD BEHAVIOUR

The mugs were lined up on the kitchen counter, two-by-two, heading into Easter with a bag of giant chocolate buttons inside eight of them. 175grms; each gift would have cost me £1.50, including the mugs, and the kids would have more chocolate than in an Easter egg that cost an arm and a leg…though with the credit crunch the prices are going down.

Whatever made me think I could buy Easter presents in February? Yes, I ate them all! March was a very bad month for me, and all that chocolate sat on my counters, smiling at me, waiting to see how long I would hold out. Now I’m faced with the sight of all those empty shining white insides gaping at me, accusing and laughing; I can’t get them at that price again. So, I bought bags of jelly babies and fruit pastels; I don’t like them…well not much. But they don’t look so good inside a Yorkie mug.

I bought six Lindt chocolate bunnies on Friday, fell off the wagon and began eating them on Saturday night – three down, three to go. Bingo talked me into going to Asda today so she could buy her Easter eggs. I bought six and gave her five – they’re out of my hands, thank God. I only have to keep my hands off PowerRanger’s two – let’s hope Amazon is in tomorrow; they’re not safe with me.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I totally understand. I bought some chocolate for a girl I work with who has been a HUGE help to me - and it's almost all gone. I haven't given it to her because I wanted to make some jewelry to give her with the chocolate - and haven't done it yet. Bad me! Really really bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. That'll teach you, Irene! With me the jelly babies would be in danger. Last night, desperate, I was cutting cubes off one of those jelly blocks you make into a dessert.

    Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee

    Uergh. I've just eaten a giant chocolate teddy.

    Oh i wish i was addicted to something as unfattening as jelly.

    ReplyDelete