Wednesday 15 April 2009

MENTAL DENTAL

Anticipation milks pale courage, drills clean holes. My legs are shaking still because this life demands the actuality of teeth with bite. Yes I ran away, or rather didn’t return for that last problem, the one where during the examination he’d shaken his head and said, ‘Ooh I’m very suspicious of that one.’

I made a sensible decision; there was no pain so if it had to come out I’d have no relief, only pain for nothing! I thought I’d wait for the pain. Now the bloody thing is breaking. I’ve got jagged shards slicing at my tongue – still no pain though.

My mind is buzzing with images of dental pliers seeking a hold on what’s left of my old molar. Of course there will be LOADS of drugs involved. I haven’t had a tooth out for years! It might be years before I have another one out, but no – I must take hold of myself and go get it done while there’s still something left to grip.

I will screw my courage to the sticking place and dive right in…yeah right.

No comments:

Post a Comment